Your Complete Guide to Acne Prone Skin
Acne is one of the most common skin complaints across the world. While it occurs most prominently in teenagers, or those experiencing hormonal changes, acne outbreaks can occur at any time of life to anyone. You may not even be aware you have acne. Here are some of the signs you may be suffering an acne outbreak:
- You have spots (whiteheads, blackheads, papules or pimples) across your face, back or chest.
- Your skin is unusually red or flushed.
- Your skin is sore or painful to touch.
- Your skin is unusually oily.
While we may not know what causes acne in every person, there are many common causes of acne. Some of the most common causes include:
- Hormonal changes. Hormonal changes are often the key culprit behind acne outbreaks, particularly for those who are undergoing puberty. For example, during puberty, your body produces excess amounts of androgens. This causes significant changes in your skin, which could lead to inflammation and bacterial build-up, making your skin more prone to breakouts and acne.
- Clogged hair follicles. Another common cause of acne comes in the form of clogged hair follicles on the surface of our skin. Typically, this is the result of your body producing too much sebaceous oil.
- Environmental exposure. Like many skin conditions, acne can also be triggered by changes in the weather. For example, many studies suggest that acne outbreaks can be induced in humid environments - where moisture and pollution from the air can begin to clog your pores.
- Increased stress levels. Prolonged or intense bouts of stress can also lead to an acne-flare up. This is because it releases a series of hormones such as CRH - which are known to clog pores, creating an environment where acne and similar skin conditions can thrive.
- Genetics. Studies suggest that if both of your parents have (or have previously dealt with) acne, you may be more likely to contract the condition yourself.
While not always painful, acne can be difficult to deal with. For example, it can significantly impact your confidence and how you perceive yourself. As a result, you must know exactly how to banish breakouts and keep acne at bay moving forward.
However, while knowing what to do is important - you should also know what not to do if you want to take better care of your skin. When treating acne-prone skin, you should not:
Touching your face can cause any bacteria, dirt or grime from your hands to transfer to the skin around your face.
When dealing with acne, many sufferers prefer to cover up their spots or pimples with makeup products to make them less visible. However, while this may reduce the appearance of acne, it could actually be making the problem worse as it is not giving your skin the time it needs to heal. It could also be blocking your pores further.
Many people believe that popping pimples is a great way to get rid of them faster. As a result, they may add this method to their list of acne treatments. However, applying intense pressure to the skin (or squeezing a pimple) could actually push the bacteria further into your pores. Furthemore, popping your pimples could also enhance the chances of you dealing with acne-related scarring.
If you are prone to acne outbreaks or currently dealing with an acne flare-up, there are various things you can do to take better care of your skin. For example, you should:
Good hydration is often the key to good skin. Furthemore, studies suggest that increasing your water intake reduces the chances of your pores shrinking or getting clogged with bacteria.As a result, it’s one of the most effective acne treatments.
Putting together a skincare routine that is specifically tailored to your skin type and complaints is perhaps the easiest way to conquer acne outbreaks. In this case, it’s important to keep it simple using products that contain natural skin-friendly ingredients, such as Korean cosmetics. Korean skincare is world-famous because it is highly effective and the product of centuries of research and innovation.
If you’re looking to stock up your cupboards with Korean cosmetics and skincare products, you may want to look into the following:
Some: Miracle Toner. This product is an excellent example of Korean skincare, as it boasts a range of impressive properties. For example, it can help remove dead skin cells, cleanse the surface of your skin, and reduce impurities.
Mild Gel Cleanser.This product is another great form of acne skincare due to the fact that it is made specifically with acne and related conditions in mind. In short, it’s designed to support those who produce heightened amounts of sebum (oil).
The Clean Vegan Mask. The clean vegan mask is a great choice for those dealing with a particularly painful acne flare-up (i.e. if your skin is sore to the touch or stinging). This is because it contains Centella Asiatic, a form of medicinal plant which soothes irritated skin and helps it to heal.
Haruharu Wonder Honey Green Reparative Cream.No acne skincare routine is complete without a quality moisturizer, especially if your acne results in your skin feeling overly dry. While we have many moisturizers on offer, the Haraharu Wonder Honey Green Reparative Cream is an excellent addition to your regimen because it is designed to combat acne and other forms of breakouts.
Particularly severe or consistent acne outbreaks could indicate that you need to seek further help to reduce any pain or discomfort you may be dealing with. For example, a licensed dermatologist may be able to provide you with a course of medication or more specific advice relating to your skin.
In short, there are various steps you can take to fight off acne symptoms - many of which revolve around being aware of the various causes or putting together a skincare routine that features gentle, skin-friendly products such as Korean cosmetics from Utseende.no.